Corporate Registries - Agency Contacts and Other Links
Incorporating your business corporation is only one of the steps involved in organizing your business. Here is a list of some of the possible agencies you may contact:
You will need a business licence from the municipality if you are operating within a community, or if your work does not take place within a specific municipality. For more information, visit Consumer Affairs.
Workers' Compensation Board
If you need coverage, or clearance from coverage, from the Workers' Compensation Board, visit the Workers' Compensation Board of the NWT and Nunavut.
Labour Standards laws are administered by the Labour Standards Office in the Department of Justice.
Nunavut Human Rights Law
Nunavut Human Rights Law is administered by the Fair Practice Officer in the Department of Justice.
If you plan on having employees operate in Nunavut, you should contact the Department of Finance regarding payroll tax. For more information, contact Taxation and Risk Management.
For information regarding the Government Nunavut's Business Development resources, contact Business Development
Nunavut Business Incentive PolicyNunavummi Nangminiqaktuniq Ikaajuti (NNI) For information regarding the NNI, contact the Department of Economic Development and Transportation.
There are also federal agencies with which you may need to register. For the most part, these deal with employee source deductions such as income tax, Canada Pension Plan and Unemployment Insurance. For information, call 1-800-663-3765.
- Alberta Corporate Registry
- British Columbia Corporate Registry
- Manitoba Companies Office
- New Brunswick Corporate Affairs Registry
- Newfoundland and Labrador Consumer and Commercial Affairs
- Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies
- Northwest Territories Corporate Registry
- Service Ontario
- Prince Edward Island Consumer, Corporate and Insurance Division
- Saskatchewan Corporations Branch
- Yukon Corporate Affairs
- Quebec (English, French)
- Canada Business Services Centre
- Canada Business and Consumer Site StrategisCorporations Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency – Business Registration On-line
- International Association of Commercial Administrators